> On Sep 21, 2016, at 3:14 AM, M Pulis <tooth...@fastq.com> wrote:
>
> Video and Audio engineers also use signal generators, scopes as well as
> spectrum and distortion analyzers to perfect their products.

I'm pleased that you used these examples. There was a time when those
particular tools were available to relatively few until Apple produced
applications like Compressor, Color and Soundtrack Pro, which consolidated the
available tools into one coherent interface.

You might not be surprised that there was plenty of industry objection and
those advances.