On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 9:53 AM, Henry E Schaffer <h...@unity.ncsu.edu>wrote:

> John writes:
> > Given Alan's assessment below, there appears to be an impasse without
> > changing the project name.
>
>   What impasse?

The impasse (possibly a poor word choice) is formed by an intersection of
the following:
- Matt's assessment is ncsu established the name vcl as a label for a
production service at ncsu and changing the name of the production service
does not break this association.
- One necessary condition leading to graduation requires that voting members
determine that project naming is independent of any institution/company and
'belongs' to the community.
- We want to name the asf project 'vcl' and change the name of the ncsu
production service.

I'm a little confused about the voting process, but it seems that we don't
get to vote for our own graduation. Given that, it appears we need to do
what Matt/Alan say since they vote and we want the project to graduate.

  Alan is quoting Matt - who seems to say that if NC State does not have