JMJM,

I also agree with Al's decision not to moderate.

I, however, would not insist on anyone using the term THIS as I do.
In fact I think it's better they don't.  They should develop their
own means of expressing THIS.  I use it because I don't know how else
to communicate what I've experienced.  You could also use the term
THIS and it might not be the right thing for you.  Remember Gutei's
student's finger!

...Bill!

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, Jue Miao Jing Ming - 覺妙精明
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Al is always Al.  Fun!
>
> I am however, hats off to you for your refusal to moderate.  I am
on
> your side.  No matter how we teach, the wake up got to come from
the
> inside.  The door to Buddha is always open.  It is the door to our
> hearts that are frequently blocked.
>
> MU in Chinese really is a negation add-on.  The word itself means
NO to
> whatever after it.  By itself has no meaning. Like Not or No.
>
> Emptiness in sutra does not mean nothing.  There is the "Exquisite
> existance" which is the surname of Quan-Yin, as well as a hint of
> invisible life force.  If we insert "life sustaining energy" into
all
> the Buddhist sutras, it can be understood by our rational mind a
lot
> easier.  Emptiness is just a reminder of impermanence.
>
> Of course, even "life sustaining energy" is just a label.  Bill may
> however, insist that we call it THIS.  It is okay with me.  Just a
label.

> Fun?
>

> Fitness63 wrote:
> >
> > From: Edgar Owen >Right, let go of everything. No attachments.
Only
> > this....>
> >
> > If that is all Zen is, it seems pretty lame-O. I thought the idea
of
> > getting
> > to ONLY THIS is what JM was talking about. You get to the
impermanence in
> > order to get to the CHI, the life-force.
> >
> > You are saying that just getting to the VOID is all there is.
That is