Hi Al,  I don't seem to understand your comment on what I wrote.  I don't find them relate to each other.  Can you explain?  Thanks, JM

i.e. exercise? feel better? evil? happy?  Do use any strong words you prefer.   It is okay..

Fitness63 wrote:

覺妙精明 >Without the correct understanding of karma and cause and effect, and
the proper practice to witness it, there is no way to rid of the karma. It
seems to me, after reading off/online for about 7-8 years, Zen differs from
Chan in the fact Zen has no spiritual power. It is just a mental exercise
without any connection to the life forces of the universe.>

I think that is the bullshit Zen that I am not sure exists as proper Zen. It
is not what I was reading in the older Zen books. The Zen that is just an
exercise is the crap that is just anything goes and you will feel better
about the evil you do if you meditate. That is the HUM OF HAPPY PEOPLE ZEN
which I do not think is true to the spirit and history of Zen.