Dear Billy, You seem to have many issues with your internet experience. YAHOO changed its formatting about a year ago, and now it is not possible to copy and cut parts of HTML messages. So you must convert to plain text when you reply in order to be able to take out parts of the message.
If you have Microsoft Outlook it is the FORMAT button that you click and then click "plain text." You can now reply like any normal person and nobody will be the wiser. I did not want to embarrass you so I sent this email privately. Best wishes, Al ----- Original Message ----- From: Bill Smart To: [email protected] Sent: Monday, September 15, 2008 1:38 PM Subject: [Zen] Re: Antwort: JUDO JMJM, For some reason when I try to REPLY to your postings using the website the text isn't copied into the REPLY space. I think that is because you are using HTML to write your postings and not text. Anyway, I've reproduced your posting below and my response follows: JMJM wrote: >Hi Bill, >Thank you for your "thoughtful" reply. My question is not on this >Buddha Nature level, but more on a everyday term. For instance, >any witness to your health? Younger looking? Any awareness to your >ego?  Any relationship improvements? Spiritual well being such as >happier, etc. JM That's a hard question to answer. I don't know how I would have turned out if I hadn't got involved in zen, so I don't know what attributes I now have that I could attribute to zen. But, I'll take a guess. I'll list some of my current attributes that I notice are somewhat different than the majority of other people, and that I have a hunch have something to due to my zen practice: - I enjoy good health for my age (62). I am overweight, but remain fairly active. People guess my age at mid-40's. - I am usually very calm and thoughtful. Not much rattles me. I am aware when my ego starts acting up (like anger, desires, disapointment, etc...) When it does I am usually able to immediately 'step back' and deal with the situation as a disinterested 3rd party. - I have always enoyed good relationships with family, friends, working companions and my spouse. A lot of people consider me a very good or even best friend that I don't consider especially good friends of mine. Many people come to me for advice. My first marraige lasted 20 years and ended amicably. I lived alone (as a bachelor) for about 10 years. My second and current marraige is 5 years old and is a strong and loving relationship. I dont think I have any spirituality. I don't need anything more than I get from shikantaza (zazen - clear mind) to bring me contentment. Sometimes I am very happy and sometimes I am sad, but that all occurs in front of a background of contentment. I am a Capricorn. My favorite color is blue and my lucky number is 3. ... Just kidding ;>)... But...as to what all parts of that self-profile above are attributible to zen - I really don't know. ...Bill!
