JMJM,

For some reason when I try to REPLY to your postings using the website
the text isn't copied into the REPLY space.  I think that is because
you are using HTML to write your postings and not text.  Anyway, I've
reproduced your posting below and my response follows:

JMJM wrote:
>Hi Bill,
>Thank you for your "thoughtful" reply.  My question is not on this
>Buddha Nature level, but  more on a everyday term.  For instance,
>any witness to your health?  Younger looking?  Any awareness to your
>ego?   Any relationship improvements?  Spiritual well being such as
>happier, etc.  JM

That's a hard question to answer.  I don't know how I would have turned
out if I hadn't got involved in zen, so I don't know what attributes I
now have that I could attribute to zen.  But, I'll take a guess.  I'll
list some of my current attributes that I notice are somewhat different
than the majority of other people, and that I have a hunch have
something to due to my zen practice:

- I enjoy good health for my age (62).  I am overweight, but remain
fairly active.  People guess my age at mid-40's.
- I am usually very calm and thoughtful.  Not much rattles me.  I am
aware when my ego starts acting up (like anger, desires, disapointment,
etc...)  When it does I am usually able to immediately 'step back' and
deal with the situation as a disinterested 3rd party.
- I have always enoyed good relationships with family, friends, working
companions and my spouse.  A lot of people consider me a very good or
even best friend that I don't consider especially good friends of
mine.  Many people come to me for advice.  My first marraige lasted 20
years and ended amicably.  I lived alone (as a bachelor) for about 10
years.  My second and current marraige is 5 years old and is a strong
and loving relationship.

I dont think I have any spirituality.  I don't need anything more than
I get from shikantaza (zazen - clear mind) to bring me contentment.
Sometimes I am very happy and sometimes I am sad, but that all occurs
in front of a background of contentment.

I am a Capricorn.  My favorite color is blue and my lucky number is
3.  ... Just kidding ;>)...

But...as to what all parts of that self-profile above are attributible
to zen - I really don't know.