Walking while listening to music or watching TV would not count as
kinhin in my book.  Just WALKING! would be kinhin.

'In the zone' might be closer to it.  If you are playing a sport and
loose your sense of self and are just flowing with the game, then that
could be said to be a 'moment of illumination'.  It's close.

Praying or chanting while doing cardio would not count.  If you're
praying, you're Only PRAYING!  If you're chanting, you're Only
CHANTING!  If you're 'doing cardio' (walking/running on a treadmill?),
then you're Only DOING CARDIO!

...Bill!

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "v" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> "Bill Smart" wrote:I do remember reading Thoreau where he sat
> comtemplating in front of his cabin all day.  That was something
> probably very close to zazen, but he certainly didn't call it zazen.
> >

> OK, I go to the gym, do cardio for 30 minutes, listen to music, watch
> the TV monitors. Is that walking zazen (kinhin)? Does that count?
What