Hi Edgar,

This sounds very much like the stuff I read that I told you about.
The stuff based on quantum physics that said consciousness is
non-local. It said there are no such things as out-of-body experiences
because consciousness is not located in the body to begin with. It
said the fact that we think it is located in our bodies is just an
illusion. I can't remember the name of the book or article I where I
read this, but I remember the author was Michael Talbot and it was
sometime in the 80's.

I find all of this quite intriguing. I had no trouble with
HardProblem, being a non-physicist and non-scientist, it was plain and
easy to understand. I thought it was very elegant and plausible.

Margie (roloro1557)

> As to the OBE, I really haven't felt I had to explain it.
> It was just something that happened. In my view it is a
> fundamental mistake to think consciousness is located or
> centered in the physical body, since everything we see
> and experience is actually happening in our own head and
> the idea of an individual 'self' is just a cognitive
> construct, so that cognitive construct can subjectively
> locate its concept of observer anywhere it wants, at
> least temporarily. In that view 'our' consciousness
> continually pervades everything that we experience to
> its furtherest boundaries. Since all that is experienced
> is consciousness, consciousness must then be antecedent
> to the division between self and not self.

FROM: Over the hills and far away. . .
The way to do is be. Lao Tzu
OldWomansZenChronicles.bolgspot.com