Hi Edgar, This sounds very much like the stuff I read that I told you about. The stuff based on quantum physics that said consciousness is non-local. It said there are no such things as out-of-body experiences because consciousness is not located in the body to begin with. It said the fact that we think it is located in our bodies is just an illusion. I can't remember the name of the book or article I where I read this, but I remember the author was Michael Talbot and it was sometime in the 80's.
I find all of this quite intriguing. I had no trouble with HardProblem, being a non-physicist and non-scientist, it was plain and easy to understand. I thought it was very elegant and plausible. Margie (roloro1557) --- In [email protected], Edgar Owen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > As to the OBE, I really haven't felt I had to explain it. > It was just something that happened. In my view it is a > fundamental mistake to think consciousness is located or > centered in the physical body, since everything we see > and experience is actually happening in our own head and > the idea of an individual 'self' is just a cognitive > construct, so that cognitive construct can subjectively > locate its concept of observer anywhere it wants, at > least temporarily. In that view 'our' consciousness > continually pervades everything that we experience to > its furtherest boundaries. Since all that is experienced > is consciousness, consciousness must then be antecedent > to the division between self and not self. -------------------------------------- FROM: Over the hills and far away. . . The way to do is be. Lao Tzu OldWomansZenChronicles.bolgspot.com ------------------------------------ Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are reading! Talk about it today!Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
