Bill;

TNH uses this term to help the meditator to be in touch with the
beauty that happens simultaneously with ugliness in the present
moment. Wonderful moment it is used to touch in the meditator the
good seeds that sometimes in moments of distress may be hidden in the
consciousness. So that the meditator has a chance to choose his/her
mental state.

Before going ahead now and in the future, I'd like to point it out
first that my comments about Present moment/ Wonderful Moment is my
own direct experience on this subject. Some of the sayings over my
comments may not have being said directly in words by TNH. Zen
Teachers give us just guidelines and then the meditator do the rest.
With concentration and insight one opens the "mistery" involved
behind the words of Zen Masters. What I'm trying to say is that, the
experience of a person is not necessary the experience of other
person . TNH is the guideline, then practice, concentration and
insight do the rest.

Nevertheless as this late postings over this subject have to do with
his teachings, I'll be sending them to his Home Monastery. Of course
there is no guarantee that he'll be reading or having the post. And
not certainly would be any response from them. I'd like to point it
out that I'm one of TNH students who never chose to be his student.
What makes me his student is that I'm very receptive to his teaching
and nothing else. I don't like very much the majority of TNH internet
groups and nor his worldwide local lay sanghas because there is
something false about them and also because they make from the Master
a kind of "God Zen Buddhist Guru" and consequently there is no place
for anything else but just the SELF Master. I rather have the best
from his Buddha nature.

Mayka

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Maria,
>
> It worked!  Your email was not classified as SPAM!  Thank you for
thinking of and using this alternative.

> If THN is using the word ‘wonderful’ to describe that the
Present Moment is ‘full of wonder’, full of ‘I don’t know’,
‘awe-inspiring’, then I agree with him and remove my objection.

> If, however, THN is using ‘wonderful’ to mean ‘good’ as
opposed to ‘bad’, then he has missed the mark.

> When you are in great distress or despair and are feeling sad, the
Present Moment is Sad!  The entire universe is Sad!  There is only
Sadness, nothing else.  Solemente Triste!  This wouldn’t mean the
Sad Present Moment is not Wonderful - full of wonder, nor preclude
you from fully appreciating the Present Moment.

> That is my understanding…Bill!

The