From: Mayka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Zen] Question?
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, 5 November, 2008, 5:59 PM

Anthony;

There is no contradition in the Teachings of the Buddha. The Buddha
gives directions or guidelines to be followed. Guidelines, directions
are not exactly the same as Catethisms. With a direction you are the
one who drive the car. With a catethism someone else drives you
wherever the driver wants to drive you.

Immagine that you would like to go to a place in your car you didn't
know were it was. Then you would need to have a map, paying
attention to the motorway direction so that you didn't get lost. You
don't start to collect the sign direcitons and putting in your car,
you would just follow them. If during your trip to the place you
want to go a direction tells you to turn right, then you turn right.
More ahead another direction tells you to turn left, then you turn
left. More ahead the direction tells you to go straight, then you go
straight. You don't start to get confusse and think that there was a
contradition as the motorway sign was telling you to turn on you
right right, second on left and third straight, do you?.

When we breathe in the awareness of the in and out breath the body
and the mind are automatically one.

Mayka

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED] ps.com, Anthony Wu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Mayka,
>
> So you are saying you had an experience that your mind was one with
your body. So Buddha's two sayings contradict each other. Right?