From: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:zen_fo...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of mike brown
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 7:23 AM
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Zen] Questions, questions, question

ED, Bill, Mayka et al,

If I can just jump in here. There is scientific data to suggest that the
brain has a kind of plasticity and so can be neurologically changed
according to how it is used. I think this is should hold a huge interest for
those of us interested in zen/meditation. Learning to pay attention to the
moment and letting go of negative thoughts can be seen as a 'skill' just
like learning a language or playing the piano. If one incorporates sitting
into their daily lives it'd be possible to change the physiology of the
brain to better respond to internal/external stimuli with happier results.
Zen, as an art of living, could then jettison all the religious mumbo-jumbo
that it's wrapped up in now.

Mike

database 5546 (20101019) __________

database 5546 (20101019) __________