From: mike brown <uerusub...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Zen] Questions, questions, question
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, 22 October, 2010, 1:20

ED, Chris, Bill! et al,

Yes, you're quite correct to state that different environments and methods suit
different people, and I would never advocate closing the temples (and instead
advocate the wearing of white lab-jackets and machines that go 'ping!'), but I
think the development of scientific research into meditation helps completely
separate Zen from the more faith based systems of religion (a belief in
something supernatural in the abscence of evidence) and towards something more
intrinsically human and natural.

Mike

ps  you might disagree with me but you have to applaud the fact I wrote all of
that above without the use of a single full-stop (or 'period' for my American
cousins).