From: ED <seacrofter...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Zen] Questions, questions, question
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, 20 October, 2010, 6:56

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, mike brown <uerusub...@...> wrote:
> JMJM, You're right about the need to still "sit through",
Yes, this quietude and stillnes of mind and body over long sittings and over an
extended period of elapsed time are the principle factors in transforming the
brain from an AD/HD-like mode of operation into a buddha-mind-like mode of
experiencing reality.
> ... however to know that we are somehow changing our brain/thoughts for the
> positive in a concrete,
physiological way frees us from a lot of the esoteric and ceremonial
nonsense that Zen is clouded in  ...                 > Mike
My soul/spirit feels uplifted by the ambiance created by the ceremony, ritual
and chanting of Zen (and also of most religions.) This ambiance facilitates the
quietening of the discursive mind.