Anthony,

Actually Thai does not really have three tenses as I said, not in the same way
as English or Spanish has.  They only have one form of a verb – Present tense.
They use modifiers to designate other tenses, but only two other tenses I know
of – Past and Future.

An example would be the transliteration of the Thai word for ‘go’ is ‘bai’
(pronounced like ‘bye’).  So:

‘go’ would be ‘bai’

‘gone’ or ‘have gone’ would be ‘bai laow’ (like ‘go already’)

‘will go’ would be ‘ja bai’

That’s it.  As far as I know there is no way to translate something like ‘By
next Tuesday I will have been going to class for 5 weeks’.

Thai’s also have 5 tones: high, medium, low, rising and falling.  These tones
could be applied to any word (syllable) such as ‘mai’.  The syllable ‘mai’,
depending on the tone used, could mean: ‘new’, ‘wood’, ‘no’, ‘burn’ or denote a
question if placed at the end of a statement (with a rising tone).  So the
question ‘New word doesn’t burn, does it?’ could be expressed using only the
syllable ‘mai’ with different tones like this: ‘wood new no burn [question]’.

How would you say that in Finnish?

…Bill!