From: Jue Miao Jing Ming - 覺妙精明 <chan.j...@gmail.com>
Subject: [Zen] Nirvana and Buddhahood
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, 27 November, 2010, 4:02 AM

Bill and Anthony,

I was taught to practice as follows for your reference.  It may not be the same
as some of the teachings that you "understand".  But my witness so far is quite
on par.

First we practice to clean up our body, through chi based cultivation. As we
become healthier, all sentient beings within our body are saved, meaning every
cell is energized.

As we focus on these chakras and chi channels, we begin to be detached from all
forms.  And our awareness is enhanced.  Our Inner Awarenss will monitor and
quiet our thoughts.  When we are able to be quite detached from forms, we have
reached nirvana.  It is just a liberationg from suffering, both body and mind.
Nothing else.  It is a state still can be further enhanced through the next
stage.

After we reached nirvana, we could then help everyone around us to be awakened
and liberated, through our wisdom, which is a direct connection with the
universe without egoic notions.  This is a stage of working in the mud to gain
the wisdom and life force.  At this stage we gradually learn also how to heal
the body and mind of others and in turn further enhances our nirvana.

The more sentient beings we connect through our hearts, the higher the
Buddhahood we reach.
In short, the Awakened One is accomplished through Awaken Oneself.  Awaken
Others, then Perfect the Act of Awakening. This is a common Buddhist statement.
I must add however, all Buddhist sutra said, we must surpass the Three Karmic
Hindrances, our body, mind, and spirit.  Without a chi oriented practice, we
could take much much longer to surpass just the first karmic hindrance of our
physical body.  Surpassing our physical body does not mean detachment from the
real physical discomfort of our body, but rather truly heal and rejuvenate our
body to reach perfect health.

If your body has the same kind of illness after one year of meditation, then
your technique needs to be changed.

JMJM
http://chanjmjm.blogspot.com
http://www.heartchan.org