Gaurav,

You (gaurav saxena) wrote:
> 2010/6/28 Matthias Pfützner <matth...@pfuetzner.de>
>
> > Gaurav,
> >
> > I'm not quite sure, but I doubt, that that might work...
> >
> > You can failover local-zone to local-zone, of global to global, but I
> > doubt,
> > that you can failover from local to global or vice versa... Sadly, I've
> > never
> > done it... So, I'm only assuming...
> >

> Ok. I will see it. Thanks for telling :)
>

> > I assume, you have two nodes. Node1 and node2. On node1 you have your
> > local-zone.
>

> Yes I have two nodes node1 and node2 and I have created two zones node1 and
> node2 and I have not done anything for failover yet. I have configured the
> two nodes using zonecfg and then installed them using zoneadm . But after
> zoneadm installed the two zones nothing is contained in the path. So I am
> confused that perhaps I did something wrong.
> Does zoneadm install behaves in this way on opensolaris?

So, as you also got some answers on the ha-clusters-disc...@opensolaris.org
alias from Lisa and Ashutosh, did you dive deeper into the documentation? They
both pointed out, that the docu does contain the CLI commands, and only rarely
do use the GUI/BUI. So, there are examples, on how to set up the zones and on
how to set up applications inside zones...

To answer your question. Where the zone-root-path lies, and what's in it, also
depends on what you give as options to the zoneadm command... Yes, as far as I
know, there's no difference in behaviour between Solaris 10 and OpenSolaris in
the zoneadm command... But, again, I also do not use zones on OpenSolaris...

> > Therefore there should be something there. But not on node2, as
> > it's not yet failed-over. It should be there on node2 AFTER failover. But,
> > that requires some kind of shared storage.
> >

> > What's where when highly depends on the setup of all those things. Is the
> > app
> > inside the localzone the thing that fails over? Then you should have zones
> > on
> > BOTH nodes available. If it's the ZONE, that's failing over, then you only
> > see
> > it ONCE, at the node, that's currently hosting the zone.
> >
> > So, these are very complex scenarios, and as said, are better discussed on
> > the
> > cluster aliases...
> >
> >        Matthias
> > --
> >    Matthias Pfützner    | mailto:pfu...@germany | Die Liebe im Kopf ist
> >  @work: +49 6103 752-394 | @home: +49 6151 75717 | leichter als die Liebe
> > im
> >  SunCS, Amp?restraße 6  | Lichtenbergstraße 73  | Leben.
> >    63225 Langen, FRG    | 64289 Darmstadt, FRG  |         Birgit Vanderbeke
> >

> Ok yes I have posted this problem in cluster aliases also. Thanks for your
> help and support.

You're welcome! I'll keep my fingers crossed!

       Matthias

--
    Matthias Pfützner    | mailto:pfu...@germany | Die Liebe im Kopf ist
 @work: +49 6103 752-394 | @home: +49 6151 75717 | leichter als die Liebe im
  SunCS, Ampèrestraße 6  | Lichtenbergstraße 73  | Leben.
    63225 Langen, FRG    | 64289 Darmstadt, FRG  |         Birgit Vanderbeke