Gaurav,

I once did set up OpenSolaris 2009.06 with OHAC in VirtualBox, and as far as I
remember, even after the install of the OHAC, I still had a graphical GUI. The
system, on which I did set it up, only had 2GB of RAM, so it was real slow,
but at least it did work... But, I didn't do anything more with it (so, no
zones, no applications, no nothing...)

More below... ;-)

You (gaurav saxena) wrote:
> Hello
>
> 2010/6/29 Matthias Pfützner <matth...@pfuetzner.de>
>

> > Even in Solaris 10, there's the FMA or SMF, so there no longer is any need
> > for
> > a "startx"... ;-)
> >

> Ok I got that now. :)
>

> > That then implies, that on the console of the systems, if they have a
> > graphics
> > card, you should see an ordinary graphical login screen...
> >

> I am using opensolaris on virtualbox not on real system. Graphics was
> working perfectly before I installed cluster using scinstall so I thought
> may be its because of that.
>

> > If not, it fails for some bizarre reasons, and therefore you should check
> > the
> > X log files:
> >
> >  cat /var/log/Xorg.0*
> >

> I did cat /var/log/Xorg.log that was the file on my system its a very large
> file and contains all the information about the various drivers and all. I
> was able to find details about the video driver and all and there were no
> problems logged.

There are two such files, right?

      -bash-3.2$ ls /var/log/Xorg.0*
      /var/log/Xorg.0.log  /var/log/Xorg.0.log.old
      -bash-3.2$

What are the end couple of lines of the /var/log/Xorg.0.log file? And, what's
the date of the file, aka:

    ls -al /var/log/Xorg.0.log

> > But, I assume, what you really wanted was a remote login, right? Assuming,
> > that your systems are connected to a network (otherwise the cluster would
> > not
> > work properly), you can log into the system via SSH (telnet is disabled by
> > default!), and as an ordinary user (remote root login is disabled also by
> > default), and then use
> >
> >          pfexec su -
> >
> > to become root...
> >

> I think I can use my host system to connect to the opensolaris in virtualbox
> I will try this thanks for this suggestion. :)
>

> > Yes, there's no startx, as that's done via the SMF stuff, but "xhost +"
> > (remember, there's a space between the "xhost" and the "+") should work, as
> > long as you had been logged in via the GUI... ;-)
> >

> Ok
> Its still giving an error :
> bash: xhost : command not found

It is: