I created TF2 servers because we [had] a community of people who played
together far before TF2 was release. I started my server because I like to
run servers, I like the ego trip, and I feel I provided a great place to
play TF2.

My server is now dead. This could be:
- Maybe I didn't run it that well.
- Maybe the regulars moved on to new games.
- Maybe 7 years of a changing TF2 left us with a game that isn't exactly
what we signed up for back then.
- Maybe quickplay revealed that most people don't care about servers, they
just want to play a game.

My server is now mostly dead, and that sucks, but I'm not going to look at
some change to quickplay and blame Valve just because they've made it
easier for the non-engaged portion of TF2 players to hit a button and play
a video game.

But what's not dead, is my community, because we have been around longer
than TF2 and will be around long after it's gone. There are other ways to
get friends on the internet rather than paying for a place for them to play
video games.