On 15 Jul 2011, at 14:08, Craig Weinberg wrote:

Interesting stuff. I had a marathon info download with Stephen and
he's helping me access your theory more. Still scratching the surface
but at least getting a better idea of how to approach it.

What you call UDA I think of as 'Runtime' in comparison to the
hardware which I think of as the Singularity.

I use axiomatic. I understand a word only if you can related it to something I can understand. Normally, what you say should be word independent. I don't know what you mean by singularity, runtime, etc. In the UDA I use some consensual reality to support an argument, but in fine I isolated an axiomatic theory.
You should bet I am 12 years old and explain things with simple terms.

The interior of the
singularity is the interior of the cosmos with all of the spacetime
vacuumed out of it. Spacetime is what exteriorizes the big bang
(meaning it's more of a Big Break, where the void of space rushes
inward. There is no exterior to the big bang since it prefigures
timespace, therefore it can only be conceived of accurately from the
interior perspective. explicates matter as volume and the void of time
explicates 'energy' (the experience of matter) as sequence-memory. The
Singularity then is always happening and never happening, since it is
outside timespace, the hub of the wheel of Runtime/UD.

The UD is a mathematical being. It is an open question if the apparent physical universe run a UD, without stopping. One has run, in my office, for one week. Such a program is demanding in memory, to say the least.

I get what you are saying about Mickey Mouse as far as an Inception/
Matrix/Maya sense of value-weighted coherence within a semiotic frame
of reference, although I think there is something good there that you
are over looking. Something about the density of the simulated
universe which, by definition, can only be realized in comparison to
the experience of a denser, more discrete version of the simulation.
It's qualia of density/mass but there's something unique - it's the
qualia that pretends not to be qualia. I'm not seduced by the promise
of the Higgs or Einsteinian curved space (a brilliantly useful
metaphor, but the opposite of what is literally true)

You talk like if you knew the truth. Are you a sort of guru of what?

- more at a
concept of Cumulative Entanglement, where the sensotimotive relation
of processes separated by space is warped such that scale and density
is respected. Motive power is inversely proportionate to the
difference in the scale of the two densities, so that it's not gravity
exerting a field of force holding you to the ground, it's the
magnitude of the Earth, (and the momentum of it's rotation and
revolution? or no? Not an astrophysicist, haha) which weakens your
motive power to escape becoming part of it.

?

So yes, I am certainly willing to entertain comp as far as the cosmos
not being a concrete stuff

I am agnostic about comp.
I just show that comp makes Aristotle's theology wrong. With comp, there is no basic primitive universe that you can relate to consciousness, but the physical reality appearance is explained by a self limitation property of universal machine (again a mathematical, arithmetical notion).

but rather principles having an experience
of concreteness (by pretending they are the opposite end of what they
essentially are - ie chasing their tail, thus becoming existential and
completing the sensorimotive circuit of the singularity to become the
opposite of the singularity: not just everything and anything, but
finite, coherent things which come and go into existence, as well is
less coherent non-things that are literally felt out of insistence).

?

don't want to limit comp to numbers though. I see that numbers have an
interior topology as well. That's qualia, and that's what numerology
tries to tap into. You're right, it is poetry, but that is the
interior of the cosmos. It insists. One has a personality. It's the
first, the only, the new, the solitary, etc. It's bold yet timid (it's
only frame of reference is 0 and 2). Two is a whole emergent identity,
coupling, relation, cooperation, equality, inequality, etc. So any
definition of comp to me would have to include the qualitative
interiority of numbers, the potential feelings, figurative,
metaphorical evocations which tie in the echo of the future by
subtracting from the singularity interior. Poetry pulls it down from
'heaven'.

Happy day-after-the-full moon Bruno. My head is banging on too many
cylinders right now but I look forward to continuing this soon. We
should trade tips on how to lower the control rods into our own
psychic fission pile and turn off the machine.

It is very hard to make sense of what you are saying.
From my work you can take deduce that you need special non Turing emulable components in some primitive matter (nor even quantum emulable).

With comp, on the contrary, we need , more exactly: we can only use, addition and multiplication of natural numbers. The mind will correspond to whatever a universal machine can talk about when introspecting (well defined by Gödel like technics), and matter appearances are retrieved from limiting attribute of such a mind. I do not propose any new theory. I show that all this is unavoidable once we postulate some (rather weak) version of mechanism. Basically, all this made Plato like theology more coherent with the facts and with that comp theory than the materialism/naturalism of Aristotle.

Have a happy day too. If you have some intuition, you have to understand that it can be an hard task, actually the real task of the scientist, to convey it.

Bruno