On 3/24/2012 12:37 PM, Quentin Anciaux wrote:

        > You keep asking who is this "you"

        >  it is the usual you, as the one you use in your everyday

    The word "you" works fine in the usual everyday world,

No, please answer the last part of the message. The everyday world if MWI is true, is a duplicating chamber.

Yes, and I think Bruno's argument is to show that if consciousness is a kind of computation then diverging computations would produce the same kind of uncertainty that QM does in the MW interpretation. However, that doesn't /solve/ the problem it just makes two problems the same. In Everett's MWI there is a problem saying what probabilities mean, which is just the same as the one in the transporter thought experiment(c.f. arXiv:0905.0624v1 by Ardian Kent).