Stephen, - especially to the 2nd part of your reply -
I do not speak about a 'certain' uncertainty (i.e. 'quantum') I speak about
the concept: "uncertainty" is inherent in whatever we think about, because
in our 'model' of the knowable world there is only part of the total (see
the historical additions and project such to the future) and we THINK about
yesterday's knowable as "all of them". Accordingly EVERYTHING is uncertain.
Logic, too.

Intercourse does not create babies: it gives a chance to a sperm and egg to
find each other in a way to start a genome. You can do it in a test-tube.
And - the babies are human beings, with (working?) complexity including
mental aspects, (even in mentally impaired persons) which develops in the
course of gestation - according to Princeton's Singer even later, after
birth. So please, do not fall for the political haruspexs who cry 'murder'
in case of an abortion, the murder is saved for killing persons, i.e. full
complexities developed and evolved from the parasite-state (embryo - fetus)
into a substantial HUMAN being.
Now about identicity:
If you look for it... there are similarities in many unexpected relations
between off springs and ancestors, maybe not the total ones as e.g. a
clone, but the
identicity lives on in the genetic sequences.
BTW: what do you mean by "a mind" - to deem it "absolutely NEW"?

I agree with your rejecting 'randomness, or stochasticity' mainly on the
basis of the above mentioned ignorance about the wholeness, but also on the
basis that 'unatached' occurrences would make ANY ordered description
futile.
Russell replied to an earlier such remark of mine with the correction into
(as I recall) "conditional randomness". Which is not random in my view.

John M