From: meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net>
To: everything-list <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sun, May 19, 2013 7:59 pm
Subject: Re: That the mind works even after the brain ceases to function
suggests its ...

On 5/19/2013 3:41 PM, spudboy...@aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 5/19/2013 6:19:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
meeke...@verizon.net writes:
Since the study has been going on five years, and there has been no leak of a
positive result, I expect that there are no positive results to report.  I find
it hard to imagine that an amazing positive result, that would be known to
several members of a medical team, could be kept secret.

Brent

Yes, you could well be correct, all smoke and no fire, and this could be the
truth. But after reading Parnia's book a couple of months ago, we could both be
surprised. But if you say, well it just sounds too good to be true, I'd sadly
aggree because thats how life often is.

One is not encouraged by their latest press release, Jan 2013, "...The AWARE
investigators have explained that owing  to the exploratory nature of this
study they do not anticipate there to be an end in the near future. Instead the
study is likely to evolve into further research projects downstream with time.
They are pleased to report the study is progressing well but have indicated
that the results so far suggest more data and larger scale studies may be
required..."  Which I read as,"We didn't get what we wanted so we want to look
more."