Yah! But first let us get beyond dust and bones, and then we can sweat over who
gets a spanking and who gets a cookie? We ain't gonna feel the spank or the
cookles if we are mindless nothingness.

-----Original Message-----
From: John Mikes <jami...@gmail.com>
To: everything-list <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sun, Jul 14, 2013 5:05 pm
Subject: Re: the love torture

Brent wrote:
But it's not the only life-after-death card.  In fact Christianity borrowed
heavily from Zoroastrianism: final battle, good over evil, judgement day,
punishment of the wicked.  BUT the punishment wasn't eternal and everybody gets
to heaven eventually and nobody has to get crucified.
*

Life? what kind of? (terrestrial bio is a very restricted variant).
Good/Bad? for whom and HOW? Who decides?
Eternal? that's no time-span, not long, not even a short one. Gets to heaven?
is it beyond the Orion?
Zoroaster was smart. Those early religious inventors felt free to accept ideas
from fellow others, no copyright then. And did not patent their own tenets (cf:
JudeoChrislamism with thousands of variants today).
Punishment is also smart: it keeps te 'faithful' in the flock.
JM