On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 6:02 PM, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

> Christianity borrowed heavily from Zoroastrianism: final battle, good
> over evil, judgement day, punishment of the wicked.  BUT the punishment
> wasn't eternal and everybody gets to heaven eventually and nobody has to
> get crucified.

*Christianity didn't just  borrow from Zoroastrianism, the Bible is a
rehash of lots of other Bronze age myths that it plagiarized from older
religions.

The Persian God Mithra, popular in 600 BC, was the son of the Sun God and
was born on December 25. Mithra performed miracles, died, and was
resurrected on the third day. Mithra was also called "the good shepherd"
and had twelve companions that went with him when he traveled and taught.

In 1000BC people thought the God Krishna was a carpenter born of a virgin
and was baptized in a river.

In 1200BC according to the Egyptian Book of the Dead the God Horus was the
son of the God Osiris and was born to a virgin mother (even back then
contradictions never bothered religion). Horus was baptized and the
baptizer was later beheaded. Horus was tempted in the desert. Horus healed
the sick and the blind. Horus cast out daemons. Horus raised a fellow named
"Asar" from the dead. Horus walked on water.  Horus had 12 disciples. Horus
was affixed to a cross and killed but after 3 days 2 women announced that
"Horus our savior has been resurrected". *

  *John K Clark*