On 7/14/2013 2:13 PM, spudboy...@aol.com wrote:
Yah! But first let us get beyond dust and bones, and then we can sweat over who gets a spanking and who gets a cookie? We ain't gonna feel the spank or the cookles if we are mindless nothingness.

But my point is that religions invented an after-life not only to assuage the fear of death, but also to provide ultimate justice, to redress the wrongs of this world and assure the pious and obedient of an ultimate reward. Otherwise they might revolt.

Brent
"It's an incredible con job when you think of it, to believe something now in exchange for life after death. Even corporations with all their reward systems don't try to make it posthumous."
    ---- Gloria Steinem, women's rights activist