Brent wrote:
*But it's not the only life-after-death card.  In fact Christianity
borrowed heavily from Zoroastrianism: final battle, good over evil,
judgement day, punishment of the wicked.  BUT the punishment wasn't eternal
and everybody gets to heaven eventually and nobody has to get crucified.*
*
Life? what kind of? (terrestrial bio is a very restricted variant).
Good/Bad? for whom and HOW? Who decides?
Eternal? that's no time-span, not long, not even a short one. Gets to
heaven? is it beyond the Orion?
Zoroaster was smart. Those early religious inventors felt free to accept
ideas from fellow others, no copyright then. And did not patent their own
tenets (cf: JudeoChrislamism with thousands of variants today).
Punishment is also smart: it keeps te 'faithful' in the flock.
JM




On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 10:39 AM, <spudboy...@aol.com> wrote:

> For sure, it seems much nicer and less power hungry. But its all familiar,
> and only the Iranians have animosity against the Zoroastrians. They are
> persucted by the Shia leadership in Tehran. Not treated well at all. Much
> of Christianity and other religions including Judaism, the Bahai's, etc,
> are like this also. All religions big and small may have been influenced by
> the Zoroastrians, I would guess. But there is only one faith that I am
> aware of, that nowadays is expanded by fire and sword, it its not the Jesus
> guys either. My sense of things is to place blame where it is deserved, and
> place credit where it is deserved. But for the non-beliver, I would say it
> is important not to fix the blame, but fix the problem.
>
> Mitch
>
>
>  -----Original Message-----
> From: meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net>
> To: everything-list <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
> Sent: Sat, Jul 13, 2013 6:02 pm
> Subject: Re: the love torture
>
>  On 7/13/2013 10:04 AM, spudboy...@aol.com wrote:
>
> John, please understand from the Christian pov, that this (Christianity)
>  is an attempt to sustain life beyond death, and so far this has been the
> only option for them . Jesus, for them, is the ticket out of the tragedies,
> and suffering, in life. Its an attempt to try to make things better, for
> the people they care for, and themselves. I don't see this as a
> philosophical arm wrresting match between Darwin and Jesus. This is the
> only ticket to get out of suffering-free card, and unless you have
> something, better, to offer, why would they give all that up? You can apply
> this statement, and double-down on it with Islam-which explains, the reason
> for jihad. I respect your point of view intellectually, and I suspect it is
> how our limbic systems are wired, rather then indoctrination before potty
> training. Some are just naturally less troubled by tragedy, or deal with it
> more, successfully, than the religious??
>
>
> But it's not the only life-after-death card.  In fact Christianity
> borrowed heavily from Zoroastrianism: final battle, good over evil,
> judgement day, punishment of the wicked.  BUT the punishment wasn't eternal
> and everybody gets to heaven eventually and nobody has to get crucified.
>
> Brent
>  --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Everything List" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>
>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Everything List" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>
>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Everything List" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


Reply via email to