Dear Edgar,

  Have you considered reflexivity based theories of consciousness, such as
thus proposed by Greg
Zuckerman<http://www.cs.yale.edu/publications/techreports/tr1383.pdf>and
Louis
H.
Kauffman<http://www.univie.ac.at/constructivism/pub/hvf/papers/kauffman05eigenform.pdf>?
(Kauffman does not explicitly mention consciousness in his work, but the
connection is obvious!)

On Mon, Dec 23, 2013 at 6:59 AM, Edgar Owen <edgaro...@att.net> wrote:

> Jason, John, and Bruno,
>
> One must distinguish here between consciousness itself (the subject of the
> Hard Problem), and the contents of consciousness and their structure (the
> subjects of the Easy Problems).
>
> The contents and their structure are most certainly computed by the minds
> of organisms, but the fact that the results of these computations are
> conscious is due to the self-manifesting immanent nature of reality as I
> explained in more detail in a post yesterday....
>
> Edgar
>

> On Dec 22, 2013, at 10:41 PM, Jason Resch wrote:
>

> On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 6:58 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:
>

>> On 21 Dec 2013, at 17:09, John Mikes wrote:
>>
>> 'Implicit assumptions'? Jason seems to me as standing on the platform of
>> physical sciences -
>>

>> I let Jason answer, but this is not my feeling. It seems to me that Jason
>> is quite cautious on this, and open to put physics on an arithmetical
>> platform instead.
>>

> John's initial critique was that I seemed to be assuming a lot that he doe
> not.  I replied to ask what specifically he thinks I am assuming which he
> was not.  To clarify, I was assuming arithmetical truth and the idea that
> the correct computation can instantiate our consciousness.
>
> Jason

>  --

Kindest Regards,

Stephen Paul King