On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 5:42 PM, John Mikes <jami...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Jason, you 'assume' a lot what I don't.

What specifically?

The UDA states two assumptions: computationalism and arithmetical realism.
All the rest is a logical deduction (proof) from there.

> I learned those figments in college and applied in my conventional
> research - now reduced in my credibility (agnosticism) for phizix and its
> 'laws' - (in spite of the practical results which I use happily in my
> life-practice)  -  as  - some *explanatory sweat *to comply with (poorly
> if at all understood) phenomena  received in formats how the actual
> developmental level of our mentality could handle it.
>
> I would think twice to 'accept' an argument just to make another one
> acceptable.

You need not "accept" or "believe in" these assumptions for them to be
useful to progress.  Bruno shows only that if P and Q are true, it implies
R. We can look at R and see if it agrees with what we see, and use it as
evidence for or against (P & Q).

> Science means doubtfulness and we have no access to "TRUTH" - we just
> think of it.
> Computability? good method to use our brain-functions(?) to get results. I
> mean more than that embryonic binary boardgame we use, however a 'wider'
> *computability
> *may
> include logical domains we so far did not even hear about. So beware the
> word.
> I do not like mathematicians (the old Greeks?) from before the time when
> zero was invented. (maybe Bruno's simple arithmetics is an exception?).
>
> I am not ready to debate my ideas: my "agnostic" thinking is NG for
> argumentation.

I don't think agnosticism or doubt should inhibit argumentation.  You can,
for instance, show how given certain assumptions (without believing they
are true), might they lead to consequences that are either absurd or
generally accepted.  Of course, whether some idea is considered absurd or
not might be matter of someone's beliefs.

Jason