On Sun, Jan 5, 2014 at 12:20 PM, Jason Resch <jasonre...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Bell's theorem holds only under a certain set of assumptions,

True. As I've said many times Bell made exactly 3 assumptions:

1) High School algebra and trigonometry works.
2) Things are local.
3) Things are realistic.

If those 3 assumptions are valid then Bell's inequality can NEVER  be
violated. But from experiment we know that Bell's inequality IS violated.
Therefore at least one of those three assumptions must be wrong.

> assumptions which are not made in Everett's theory.

Exactly. Everett did not make assumption #2, if he had then MWI would be as
dead as a doornail; but he didn't so it's not. We still don't know for sure
that MWI is true but because he didn't make the same assumptions that Bell
did we know that Everett's theory still might be correct.

  John K Clark