On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 1:42 PM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> Well, read Bell.

I have.

> It shows how QM violates his inequality.

I know, I demonstrated exactly that on this very list using my own
language. And Bell knew of course that his inequality was not consistent
with Quantum Mechanics, what he didn't know at the time was if his
inequality was consistent with reality or if Quantum Mechanics was. That
question was answered experimentally a couple of decades after Bell's
theoretical work and the winner was Quantum Mechanics; so now we know that
at least one of the assumptions that Bell made (realism, locality, high
school math works) must be wrong.

> but Bell's inequality IS violated.

Experimentally,

Huh? This is a physical idea not a mathematical one, how else could it be
proven wrong other than experimentally?

> But when you look at the many branches, at once [...]

Unfortunately my eyesight isn't good enough to allow me to look at many
branches of the multiverse at once.

> to me, the Bell's inequality experimental violation is a quite strong
> evidence for MW, that is QM-without collapse.

To me Bell's inequality experimental violation is a quite strong evidence
that reality is not local or not realistic or not either. MWI is not local
so it could be correct, and emotionally it is my favorite interpretation,
but logically I must admit that it is not the only interpretation that
could be correct. Much as I dislike Copenhagen the fact is it's
non-realistic so the violation of Bell's inequality is not rule it out. But
Einstein's idea that things are realistic and local (and deterministic too
although determinism was less important to Einstein than realism or
locality) IS ruled out.

  John K Clark