Well said. I (like Kelley) do not have an FeLV+ kitty anymore, but hung around
because of the wise advice I’ve received. I agree that the arguments have
progressively worsened to pettiness. We should choose our words with tact and
with conviction. We all have a right to our opinions, but we need to realize
that there is a difference between debating a subject and just being mean.
Debate is good and healthy, and where I stand on this issue will not budge, but
that doesn’t mean that I can’t acknowledge and try to learn from the
opposition. It doesn’t mean my mind will change, but I will learn what others
are thinking, feeling, so that in the future I can know best how to approach
such issues in a way that will win people over to my way of thinking. I think
that’s the importance of our arguing. Does this make sense?

Diane, your decision was a tough one. I certainly don’t want to attack you or
anyone else, but I can’t help but ask if you ever considered the soft paws, the
little plastic covers? Maybe they weren’t around at the time? I couldn’t help
but bring up this alternative since we’re on the subject.

Although I am saddened by the fighting going on, I also think it’s normal and
cyclical. This is what happens in a family. We all have something in common
here, yet we are all uniquely different, just like in a family. There’s going
to be tension, misunderstanding, and things said just to be mean, to get a
reaction, to inflict hurt back where hurt was inflicted. I abhor confrontation,
but I think that it’s also healthy and cathartic to get all this out of our
systems. We can’t be happy (or fake happy) all the time when there are so many
personalities mingling here.

A little fighting is healthy, but can we move on already? I miss hearing from
those who are too shy, too disgusted, or too exhausted to respond to these
arguments. It feels as though our list has been reduced to 5 or 6 people. I
miss the rest of the voices.

Melissa

  _____