________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of MaryChristine
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2007 5:25 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: OT: Kitten Question

you are prescribing medicine without a license.

On 9/25/07, Susan Dubose <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

        Hi Caroline,

        Have the little kittens had a fecal yet?

        If not, I recommend getting one performed.

        Coccidia, Giardia & spirokettes(?) are all possibilities.

        Sometimes when you first get kittens, they can have normal
poops,even w/one
        of the above problems or all of them,however, the diarrhea can
start days
        even weeks later.

        Coccidia would need Albon,make sure that the doasge is correct
for their
        weight due to it being a sulfur based drug and it can cause
liver problems.
        However, the first dosage will need to be *double* ,if that
makes sense.

        Ask your vet for some Hills' moist w/d to help w/ the diarrhea,
which will
        help form stools plus they still will get *some* the necessary
moisture that
        they need.

        You also might want togive them a bit of Pedialyte,this will
give them the
        necessary electrolytes that they are losing.

        Kittens can crash very easily due to dehydration.

        Let me knowif you have any questions, goodl luck!

        signed,
        Susan in Texas that doesn't know what she is talking about,as
usual.......
        :)

        Susan J. DuBose  >^..^<
        www.PetGirlsPetsitting.com