Hi Dark,

Well Tom, I'd be moderately more in favor of the different enemy types idea
if possible, ------ sinse as I said, it adds variety...
End quote

True, but the original game didn't have different monsters. It was
simply that the monsters got stronger and stronger the deeper you got
into Montezuma's fortress. I would imagine this is the reason there was
really no bosses per say in the classic game. It didn't need them. The
monsters were bad enough on their own to fend off.

 (particularly if we ever get that map creator to play with)...
End quote

I know this is something fans of the game really want,but it isn't very
bloody well likely seeing that the games internal code would need a from
scratch rewrite to support this. The main reason is the games internal
checks on the levels are coded into the engine rather than outside it.
As a result I'd have to give everyone access to the engine to add room
dementions, when to activate torches, and other triggers and events that
are level by level specific. Right now the level creation tool I use, if
you want to call it that, simply draws a map to an array and saves it to
a data file. In order to use my tool one would have to know C# .Net to
edit the scripted levels. For example,

// Idderation variable.
int i;

// Here we want to draw the floor for
// room 1.
for (i = 0; i < 51; i++)
world.Add((int)Draw.Dirt, i, 10);

// Draw left wall.
for (i = 1; i < 10; i++)
world.Add((int)Draw.Wall, 0, i);

// Draw right wall.
for (i = 1; i < 10; i++)
world.Add((int)Draw.Wall, 50, i);

 This is probably the simplist example of how the levels are drawn and
saved to an array, but basically I would probably have to come up with
some tool similar to Audio Game maker to simplify the process where
someone arrows to the spot to drop something to draw onto the form, and
tell it this is a wal, dirt flor, ledge, rope, bla. Major hastle seeing
as the games core wasn't coded with this kind of external editing in mind.
Even with the ability to draw a map I'd have to include in the level
files things like room dimentions, roll off factors for sounds, edit
point and score values for enemies, tools, and gems, bla. Basically, a
huge amount of work which I'm not sure i am up to the idea of rewriting
this game from scratch to include a level editor.