Hi Che,
Well, the main reason I was using the left button to jump and the right to run was the fact that all the weapon keys are easily accessible from the left hand. This means you could use your right hand with the mouse exclusively for moving and your left to shoot, pick up items, and switch inventory items, etc. In my opinion that seams like an ideal way to play the game.
Smile.

Che wrote:
Yah, I agree with Dark here, the mouse shouldn't be used just as a replacement for keys only. The unique abilities of the mouse should be utilized as much as possible to take advantage of its possibilities, something that is going to take thinking outside the box. I think Thomas mentioned using the mous buttons to jump, but why not have the left button fire the weapon, scroll wheel change inventory, and right button holster and unholster weapon? Then a modifier key could be used for jumping in conjunction with the mouse. Just a suggestion, but there are all kinds of possibilities that would attract the gamer to use the mouse if it were more than a simple replacement for pressing keys.
 Later
che