I honestly think that games aren't as fun as they used to be. They've been
made too complex now. That's not to say I don't like complex games, but
there's always a place if you ask me for the likes of packman and sonic.

-----Original Message-----
From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Thomas Ward
Sent: 11 May 2011 17:33
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Star Wars Game Thoughts/Ideas

Hi Clement,

Yeah, that's true. There have been a number of new side-scrollers coming out
of late. I think a lot of it has to do wwith the nostalgia factor of these
games.

For instance, I myself use to play Megaman etc rather heavily until I lost
my vision. Now, that I'm older, a parent, etc I'd love to pass on those same
kinds of games to my kids. When I go out and buy a PS III or an XBox 360 I
want to have games equal to what I played on my NES or Super NES back in the
day as well as any new games that came out. These remakes and new
side-scrollers help bridge that gap.

Not only that we need a wider variety of family friendly games. I've noticed
a trend towards teen and mature rated games which are fine for people in
those age groups, but my son is only 6. I like to find games more age
appropriate for him. Somethinglike Megaman is more age appropriate for him
than Grand Theft Auto or MK 9 in my opinion.

Cheers!

> Fair enough. FPS it is... and any help I fcan give will be offered.
> Although, oddly enough, with the stream of games sony and mirosoft
> have started releasing via downloads for the ps3 and xbox360 through
> use of their separate online stores, it's surprising to see how many
> side scrollers are coming back. Bionic commando and final fight have
> been remade, though final fight only has redone graphics and remixed
> music... bionic commando is a complete remake of the original. Then
> other games like Castle quest, Shank, Invincible tiger... and all the
> newer megaman games, of course. These are all side scrollers... and I
> think, like fighting games, they're making a comeback.

> gamers-unsubscr...@audyssey.org. You can make changes or update your
> subscription via the web, at

subscription via the web, at