That's what Nintendo consoles are good for. Actually, a wii would cover both your needs... the virtual consoles have games from the last 30 some odd years as well as a lot of family-orientated games. That's where the problem lies... if you want some m or t rated games for yourself, the wii will be very lacking in those departments, whereas the majority of Sony and microsoft console-supported games are all m and t rated. lol.