Hi tom.

Your experience in that starwars game sound distressingly familiar. I've been searching for a decent text rp game for a long while precisely for this reason, and most things I've found have either been so fully of other players bent on pvp you can't engage in the story, or, have so litle story you have to engage in pvp just to keep things interesting.

For instance last year I reviewed unification wars. This interested me sinse it was a stratogy game where you ruled a galactic empire, and yet had single player missions to complete making up a story, for instance one involved putting enough government resources by to create a university so that you could send an archaeological team to explore alien ruins on other planets.

The problem? The amount of times I was attacked and my planets pinched by other players made completing these missions almost impossible.

i'd been through the standard tutorial which fitted me with a reasonable starting force, but several powerful players just turned up and destroyed everything I had.

This for me is an absolute turn off, but unfrotuantely sinse most muds and rpg games online are! multiplayer, people want to interact with eachother and that usually means pvp, in fact a lot of games I've seen like the Dark grimoire and time hunter are pretty dull unless! you do pvp, sinse they really have litle else to offer but grind grind grind!

This is why I'd love to see developers working on games with actual story and exploration elements.

Beware the grue!