The way it currently is set to operate makes sense. I don't think that you would usually jump, land, jump, land, and so on without pausing.

---
"Security is not the absence of danger.  It is the presence of the Lord."

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Sunday, August 07, 2011 9:00 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] MOTA Beta 21 Released

Hi Karl,

Ah, I see what you mean, but there is a very good reason why you have
to release the jump keys and press them again to jump again.
Basically, what it boils down to if I didn't do it this way Angela
would jump, land, and immediately jump again before you had a chance
to release the controls. I've jumped into fire pits, into spike traps,
or jumped face first into walls because I never really had any
opertunity to let go of the controls before Angela starts into that
second jump. Especially, with game pads and mice.

I don't know about you, but ever since I added joystick support I play
the game quite a lot using a game pad, and the input is so rapid that
there really is no responce time when jumping. I might press the jump
button and press the stick left or right and Angela jumps two or three
times right into a trap before I let go of the controls. So the
solution for that nasty problem was when Angela lands to wait for you
to release the joystick, keyboard, or mouse controls before jumping
again. It resolves that problem for all input devices equally so
that's pretty much why it works the way it does.

HTH