Hey. I downloaded the zip file but where's the game book?

-----Original Message-----
From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of dark
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2011 12:36 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] New gamebook, The horrible dungeons of dreadful
doom!

Hi Tom.

well actually the calculation isn't too bad, just basic addition and
subtraction usually, and you can save yourself a lot of trouble by just
writing stuff down.

For instance, my character in mutants has an inteligence of 18 which gives
him a pluss four to add to anything using inteligence, he's rpetty
inteligent.

His investigate skill has 8 points in it, which means when I decide to try
rolling investigate (something that happens a lot for a super hero team), I
add 12 onto my roll.

therefore on my character sheet I've written

Investigate, 8 (pluss 12).

The first number is the number of points I have in the skill, the second is
the actual number I add when i roll my D20. Thus the game progresses quite
quickly as I don't have to constantly recalculate everything, and sinse my
character for some things actually has two sets of stats sinse he gets his
super hero powers from a sute of powered armour (which has huuuuge amounts
of weapons and other tricks), writing everything down before the game helps
a great deal, sinse the gm will just say "roll such and such" and I can just
roll my D20, add the right number and continue.

I do the same with gamebook stats as well, calculating any numbers I need to
roll and then writing them down at the start.

Also, As in sryth, I keep a note of my combat value and hp at the top of the
page, so that I can alter it as it changes through the course of the story.

Certainly, stat tracking does help I'll agree, but I don't think it's
completely necessary, and I must confess I get a litle irritated with people
who reffuse to do it at all and therefore miss out on a lot of really good
gamebooks.

Beware the grue!

_____________ NOD32 EMON 6382 (20110816) information _____________

_____________ NOD32 EMON 6382 (20110816) information _____________