Hi Tom.

Well if I had the skills to script stats I'd probably do that myself too, but as I don't it's easier to get players to do it, and because gamebooks can be written without knolidge of programming, it does mean people like the gm of chronicles of arborell, who's a truly amazing writer but has no skills in programming whatsoever can have their work available for people to play.

Also, I myself don't particularly see dice rolling and keeping of a character sheet as actually so much work, though I have met people who catagorically reffuse to do it.

I suppose sinse I have done a fair amount of tabletop rp, and indeed play a game of mutants and masterminds every saturday using Gma dice and ms word to write a character sheet, my perception might be different from other people.

Beware the grue!