Hi Dark,

Yeah, I know. There is of course a certain amount of fun in doing your
own rolling and personal stat tracking as that goes back to the
classic gamebooks of the 80's and 90's when you purchased a gamebook
from the store and did your own stat tracking and dice rolling. All
the same today a person can save themselves all that work just by
writing the game in a basic scripting language like Python and have it
roll dice, save your position, and of course keep track of weapons and
armor in your inventory. It saves having to have notepad or something
else open and keeping track of that stuff manually. There is a trade
off between doing it all manually or letting the computer store all
that info.

I think once I get things squared away with MOTA I'm going to play
around with various gamebook ideas I have and probably script them in
Perl or Python and see where it takes me. They won't be commercial
affairs, of course, but might be fun for players who want to while
away an afternoon exploring a dark and foreboading wizards tower or
exploring Count Vladimir's castle full of goblins, orcs, and other
nasties. Gamebooks are to my mind still the most accessible and most
entertaining type of game for us because they are so descriptive and
can take hours to complete.

Cheers!