Hi all,

all the stuff below sounds quite good (the current modifier usage is
really confusing, even for experienced users).

When redefining it (making it consistent), we shouldn't forget to
care for dnd. Hacking dnd of selection masks / selections between images
or images and the named buffer dialog shouldn't be too hard.

I've just redefined the middle mouse button to the standard gimp dnd
button (not commited yet) Left mousebutton dnd still works as now,
but with the middle it's possible to drag from the indicator area
and from the brush/pattern/gradient selections (ie all areas where
button 1 pops up a preview and/or selects stuff)

I'm thinking of the following operations:

<shift>+mouse2  --> copy & paste the selection mask or
                    copy & paste the selection itself (if it's floated)
<ctrl>+mouse2   --> cut & paste the selection ifself
                    (works only if it's floated)

(You see I'm still speaking in terms of "floating" because I didn't quite
 get what Tigert means with "nuke" ;-)

Comments, flames???

bye,

--Mitch