On Thursday 12 July 2007 19:13, Chris Mohler wrote:
> On 7/12/07, John R. Culleton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Anyone can set up a list at yahoogroups.  I see some with three
> > members. The owner of the list can set the rules, allow anyone to
> > join or requre preapproval, prescreen or not prescreen posts, set
> > up assistant moderators and so on. I am the lead moderator on
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] I have two essentially coequal
> > co-moderators. The owner of the list is SPAN.
> >
> > It is a comprehensive service and it is free. It isn't perfect
> > but what is?
> Yahoo Group messages are nastily formatted HTML.  I hear the Google
> Groups has added mailing lists  -- I wonder if that's any better?
On [EMAIL PROTECTED] we ask for plain text. I can't
remember if we set a parameter to insist on that.  I know that the
messages I clear are all in plain text. So your statement doesn't
apply in our case at least. I see HTML on a few other lists but those
senders get yelled at.

HTML has no place in email IMO. If the mail is not from one of my
mailing lists or from a designated client I have a filter that sends
HTML bearing mail to a special folder. 98% of such mail is SPAM. I
delete based on subject line.

John Culleton
Able Indexing and Typesetting
Satisfaction guaranteed.