I basically agree with you.

BTW, the speed problem is not just your system. I think DXP is much
slower too and I want it fixed. There is one area which compounds the
problem: screen redraws are done after the screen data has been
computed. So even if the speed were the same, there is a visible delay
that wasn't there before. In 99SE, we can 'watch' the screen repaint. In
DXP it does the work in the background without visual feedback and then
BAM, the screen updated in a flash. The new process also seems to affect
panning. I sort of prefer the old way, but if the new way were faster, I
wouldn't care.