on Wed, 22 Nov 2000 Adrian Smith wrote -

> We are having problems backing up G4s over the network.
> Basically, they get part way through the backup and then Retrospect
> looses the connection. The problem seems to be at the G4 end as once
> this has happened they have lost network connectivity until the next
> restart (sleep and waking seems to restore it as well).

You could try looking at your Appletalk control panel, in advanced user
mode, to check that the address node setting on each G4 is not the same.

Apparently all G4's are configured to 128. I had a similar network problem
and was advised to simply alter the node number on one of the problematic G4
workstations to a different number.

This appeared to solve the problem.