I'm having the same type of problem with a lone G4 on a small
network. The other systems there, a blue G3, a beige tower G3 plus a
clone and a 6100, all seem to get backed up without fail.

I tried replacing the 10Bt hub with a Linksys 10/100 hub thinking
that would do the trick. It seemed to let the backups go a little
longer, but supposedly the G4 is failing again to get backed up.

Has anyone tried putting a new NIC into a G4 instead of using the on
board ethernet as a way to resolve this problem?

Todd Reed

On 11/24/00, Glenn L. Austin  emailed about  "Re: G4s and error 519":