Lucas Levrel wrote:
This said, I think installing the whole SM2 will be fine for everyone if mailto: links still can be directed to an external application. Disk space is not much of a concern on recent platforms.

I agree with this.

Personally, I use Seamonkey for newsgroups, but not for email, so don't want it handling mailto: even though I want the mail/news support installed.

My wife strongly dislikes Firefox's user interface and uses Seamonkey with only the browser installed. In her case, having mail/news installed will add a few insignificant MB to the install, but won't otherwise affect her - unless it takes over mail functions that 1.x doesn't.

Graham.