Hi Edgar again;

I have just been reading through the posting just to see which were
the word or words that lead us both to misunderstanding.  In my case
the word you used in your first post making the statement "...it's
great to do sometimes things automatically" was what called my
attention because the last thing that the practice of zen is
automatic.  This statement was the root of our misunderstanding.
Then you have been writing and claryfying what you meant.  What you
meant is something different as automatic.  It's not the same being
aware as being automatic.  Don't you think?

Mayka

 --- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "Mayka" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Good morning Edgar;
>
> You're absolutely right the body is always doing many things all at
> once.  The practice is to be aware about what is happening in the
> body and in the mind and also surroundings.  Whether we achieve
this
> or not is a different matter.  I have never say that this is an
easy
> practice.  It can be boring and tedious.  I only said that is the
> practice of the present moment in which the tool of breathing in
> awareness is used.
>
> Probably we both are trying to say the same but somehow we're
getting
> entangled with words.  The web is not an easy medium to express zen.
>
> Mayka
>

> --- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, Edgar Owen <edgarowen@> wrote:
> >
> > Mayka,
> >
> > You are missing my point. One's body is always doing many many
> things
> > at once. One could not exist otherwise. Scores of muscles have
> > move together to make even the simplest motion. To speak tongue
> and
> > lips and breath must all move at the same time. No one ever is
> doing
> > just one thing. That is an illusion.
> >
> > Edgar
> >

> > On Nov 2, 2008, at 2:58 PM, Mayka wrote:
> >
> > > Edgar;
> > >
> > > I believe you that if at every moment you're doing 100 or 1000
you
> > > may find difficult to concentrate in what you're doing!. The
whole
> > > point of the practice of the present moment is breathing in
> awarenes
> > > so that your head is in togetherness with your body and also
> aware of
> > > the activities you're doing. Very difficult to manage. I believe
> > > that. Tell me about it!!!. But that is the practice. If you're
> > > walking, you try no to chew you to start with. In fact the same
> > > practice put you off of chewing anything while you're walking.

> [...]
IN