On 03/01/2011, at 11:39 AM, David Nyman wrote:

> The whole issue of "where will I find myself" after duplication is in
> any case very curious.  Deciding "who I am" and "where I am" can only
> be post-hoc on the basis of present experience in the context of
> memory.

It's even worse (better?) than that. If I read Bruno correctly, he is saying
that the mere fact that every morning when you wake up you believe you are the
same "I" you were before you went to sleep is a contingent observation. It may
be that one does not have to step into a teleportation device to be duplicated.

Kim Jones