On 02 Jan 2011, at 19:38, Brian Tenneson wrote:

Also, the expression "superstring are made of numbers" is unclear. If computationalism is correct the expression "made of" has no sense. Things are not made of something, they are dreamed by (infinities) of computation. The physical worlds becomes the border of the "matrix", that is a first person plural reality, a partially sharable dream.
I know. I'm having to decide what my audience is. What I mean to suggest is Tegmark's hypothesis in his ultimate ensemble paper that physical existence is mathematical existence.

With comp, alias digital mechanism, physical existence is epistemological appearance.

God created the Integers, all the rest belongs to integers' imagination ... But such an imagination obeys precise mathematical laws. It is not a delusion. Of course this put Aristotelianism upside down, and we have to backtrack about 1500 years of fake theology. That might take a long time. I think some plants might accelerate that evolution. May be we should just end or wait for the end of the alcoholic era ...